Through a partnership with an organization called NetWork Kansas, the City of Atchison offers a locally controlled, revolving small business loan fund. In working with a local bank, aspiring entrepreneurs and existing small businesses in Atchison can lower their overall interest rate as they startup, expand, or acquire a small business in Atchison County. The video above showcases two local startups that have utilized the Atchison E-Community Program.
Apply for a low-interest loan through the E-Community to fund your small business startup, expansion, or acquisition
Entrepreneurship Community (E-community) loans are intended to be paired with loans from financial institutions (such as banks or credit unions), as well as personal investment, to complete a funding package for small business projects. Even if you’ve been turned down by a bank or credit union in the past, you may qualify for a low-interest loan to fund your startup or small business growth plans
About the program
As a NetWork Kansas E-Community, Atchison has made a commitment to cultivating an entrepreneurial environment by identifying and developing resources to help local entrepreneurs start or grow businesses. We have partnered with NetWork Kansas to establish a locally-administered loan fund to assist Atchison entrepreneurs with startups, expansions, and acquisitions of small businesses.
Below, Don Ball and former City Manager Trey Cocking congratulate Derek Franklin of the Hardware Store after finalizing a loan to expand their equipment and special event rental offerings.
Use of Funds
- Purchase, construct, or repair/maintain real estate
- Purchasing or leasing equipment for a business
- Working capital and/or inventory buildup
- Blue sky in the acquisition of an existing business
- Hiring employees
- Remodel unused space in your building for residential use
- E-community funding cannot exceed 60% of the total funding package
- E-community loan maximum of $75,000
- Business must be located in Atchison County
- Must be a for-profit business
- Speculative real estate deals are ineligible for funding
Contact us today to start working on your own small business project!
Email – email@example.com
Phone – 913-367-5560