Laundromat Project Awarded Development Microgrant Funds
The City of Atchison is pleased to announce the first ever Development Microgrant Program award to Elena’s Lavanderia, a startup self service laundromat in downtown Atchison.
The $775 grant award is a 50% reimbursement for a structural engineering analysis and a property inspection for the building at 708 Commercial Street. Elena’s Lavanderia, which is owned by Jonathan Wildy, is also utilizing gap financing through the Atchison E-Community Program.
The Development Microgrant Program was created to offset planning and/or pre-construction expenses for small business and real estate development activity in the Atchison community. The program is intended to create a small incentive for entrepreneurs to move forward with their small business or real estate project plans.
Development Microgrants can be used to fund:
- Professional Services / Planning
- Feasibility study / business plan consultant
- Production of “as-built” or existing condition building plans
- Preliminary architecture or engineering work
- Historic listing nomination or historic preservation consultant services
- Real estate appraiser / surveyor services
- Grant writing services
- Environmental evaluations or testing
- Other elements of due diligence in project planning and development
The program operates under the following conditions:
- Grant awards will not exceed 50% funding of the scope of work and fee being undertaken.
- Grant awards will not exceed $2,500 for any individual project.
- Grant funds will be dispersed to awardees upon completion of the project and submittals proving that all services have been fully paid for. Development Microgrants is a reimbursement grant program.
- The work product resulting from awarded funds must be shared with the City of Atchison upon completion and prior to grant reimbursement.
To learn more about the Development Microgrant Program, contact Justin Pregont with the City of Atchison at email@example.com or 913-367-5506.
The post Laundromat Project Awarded Development Microgrant Funds appeared first on Grow Atchison.