Bids & RFPs
- Request for Proposals – Reception Renovation at Public Works and Utilities Shop – closes December 11, 2018, 2:00 p.m.
- Request for Bids – Wastewater Treatment Plant Primary Clarifier Concrete Repairs – closed October 4, 2018, 2:00 p.m.
- Request for Proposals – Oak Hill Cemetery Monument Repairs – closed September 13, 2018 2:00 p.m.
- City Accepting Sealed Bids for Land Bank Property Located at 1121 Hickory Street – closed August 28, 2018, 2:00 p.m.
- Request for Proposals – Community Survey – closed June 21, 2018 – awarded to ETC Institute 7/16/18
- Invitation to Bid – Laramie Street Storm Water Project – closed May 29, 2018, 2:00 p.m. – awarded to Linaweaver Construction 6/18/18
- Request for Proposals – Inclusive Playground – closed April 20, 2018 2:00 p.m.
- Request for Proposals – Generator Services – closed April 3, 2018, 2:00 PM – awarded to Foley Equipment Company
- Invitation to Bid – 4-Post Automotive Lift – closed April 3, 2018, 2:00 p.m. – awarded to Hoidale Company 5/7/18
- Invitation to Bid – AMS West Sidewalk Improvements – closed March 29, 2018, 10:00 a.m. – awarded to Bottorff Construction 4/16/18
- Request for Proposals – Cab Tractor – closed February 13, 2018 – awarded to Heritage Tractor 2/20/18
- Request for Qualifications – Farmers Market Pavilion – closed February 12, 2018- awarded to Snyder & Associates 4/02/18
- Invitation to Consultants – Bi-Annual Bridge Inspection Services – closed February 1, 2018 – awarded to CFS Engineers
- Invitation to Bid – 2018 Rearloader Refuse Truck – closed January 16, 2018 – awarded to Elliott Equipment 2/5/18
- Ridge Road Water Main Replacement Project – closed December 12, 2017 – awarded to Engemann Drainage Co., Inc. 12/18/17
- Grave Digging Services at Oak Hill Cemetery – closed December 12, 2017 – awarded to Pruett Construction 12/18/17
- Request for Proposal for Engineering Firms – closed August 15, 2017 – awarded to BG Consultants 10/23/17
- Request For Qualifications – LFM Park Basketball Court – closed August 22, 2017, 2:00 PM – awarded to Multicon 10/2/17
Public organizations like the city have an obligation to be financially accountable and offer reasonable opportunity for competitive bidding on major purchases and contracts for services. Staying true to our purchasing policy demonstrates our values of transparency and good stewardship.
We use a decentralized purchasing system which means that each department is accountable for preparing their own bids and making purchases that follow city policies. The Finance Department monitors purchasing activity to ensure that expenses are being controlled responsibly.
If you’re interested in doing business with us, you should contact the department(s) directly to make sure that you’re on their radar.
General Bid Requirements
Based on the price point, city staff must do the following before making a purchase:
- $0 – $3,000: No bids are required, but all purchases will be reviewed and audited by management staff to ensure the practice of prudence and good judgment.
- $3,001 – $5,000: Verbal bids required (at least 3 suppliers on bid list whenever possible). Purchase authorized by the Department Head. Documentation approved by the Finance Manager.
- $5,001 – $10,000: Bids in writing (at least 3 suppliers on bid list whenever possible). Approved by the Administrative Services Director or City Manager.
- $10,001 – $25,000: Bids in writing (at least 3 suppliers on bid list whenever possible). Approved by the City Manager.
- $25,001+: Bids in writing (at least 3 suppliers on bid list whenever possible). Approved by the City Commission.
Departments are always accountable for living within their means (budget), regardless of the dollar amount of the individual purchase. The City Commission annually adopts an operations budget and approves a capital improvements and equipment replacement plan.
For more information on general procedures for sealed bids, criteria for awarding bids, and buy local provisions contact the Finance Department at 913-367-5500.