The City Clerk’s office is an extension of the City Manager’s Office. This key staff position is responsible for the city’s official records and serves as a public liaison for information related to the City and constituent services.
The City Clerk:
- Grants city permits and licenses;
- Certifies and maintains records of official documents;
- Coordinates City Commission meeting agendas;
- Coordinates legal publications;
- Coordinates applications and Governing Body appointments to city boards and committees;
- Processes open record (FOIA) requests;
- Attends all Governing Body meetings and keeps record of the proceedings and official acts;
- Support services to the Governing Body and other city departments, as needed; and
- Serves as Executive Assistant to the City Manager.
For more information about bringing an official business item before the City Commission, contact the City Clerk at 913-367-5506.