The Economic Development Advisory Board (EDAG) was assembled in 2014 in order to:
- Create and update the City’s economic development strategy
- Advise the City on economic development priorities, programs, marketing efforts, etc…
- Make recommendations to the City Commission on development projects for which City incentives are requested
- Propose changes to policies and procedures governing economic development activities
- Advocate for programs and activities that will improve the economic conditions of the City and the surrounding area
- Partner with the local chamber of commerce, other economic development organizations, other city departments and boards, county officials, state and federal entities, community non-profits, educational institutions, healthcare providers, businesses, and citizens to further economic development efforts.
Meets 3rd Wednesday of the month
City Hall Conference Room
|Member Name||Term Expires|
Public Meeting Policy
All meetings of the City Commission and its advisory boards, commissions, and committees are open, public meetings. In accordance with the Kansas Open Meetings Act (KOMA), all meetings will be announced publicly and an agenda available in a lawful time frame prior to the meeting. Members of the public are welcome and encouraged to attend.
For more information on KOMA and KORA, visit the Kansas Attorney General’s website.
The success of local government ultimately depends on the willingness of well-informed, engaged individuals to step into leadership roles to help advise or guide policy on city goals, operations, and resources.
Serving on an advisory committee is an excellent way to serve your community, become more involved and informed about your local government, and see if you’re interested in the commitment to serve as a Governing Body member.
To find out about opportunities to serve on city advisory boards, contact City Clerk at 913-367-5506.