What time does Municipal Court begin on Wednesdays?

Municipal Court begins at 7:30 a.m. Make whatever arrangements or plans you need to make to get yourself to court by 7:30 a.m. when roll is called.

What should I do if I missed my court appearance?

Immediately call the Municipal Court Clerk at 913-367-5515 to discuss it. A warrant has probably been issued for your arrest. The Court Clerk will not waive your warrant, but it is far more favorable for you to make contact and acknowledge that you missed court than for you to ignore it. Then come to court the following Wednesday and be prepared to explain yourself to the judge.

Where do I go to pay my fine?

If all charges on your traffic ticket have a specific fine amount, you may choose to pay your fines and fees prior to the court date. You can pay your ticket over the phone  with a debit or credit card or in person at City Hall: 515 Kansas Ave, Atchison, KS 66002

When is my court date?

Check the citation or call the Municipal Court Clerk at (913) 367-5515.  Court is held every Wednesday at 7:30 a.m.

How do I get a refund on my cash bail?

Once authorized by a Judge, refunds are returned by check via the mail.

What should I do if I have a warrant?

Appear in court as soon as possible to see a Judge. You can also go to the Atchison Police Department at any time to post your bond. You will be given a court date to appear before the judge.

How do I find the status of my driver’s license or get a copy of my driving record?

Contact the state in which you are licensed.  If you have a KS DL Call the Kansas Division of Motor Vehicles at (785) 296-3671. Information is also available at www.ksrevenue.org  or you can search KS Vehicles Connect in your app store to download.

How do I take care of a no proof of insurance ticket?

If you had insurance coverage on the vehicle you were driving at the time the ticket was issued, submit proof of coverage to the court clerk via email at christym@cityofatchison.com, fax at 913-367-3654, or in person.

How do I apply for a Diversion?
To apply for a Diversion, you must fill out this application.
Application for Diversion: https://drive.google.com/drive/u/2/folders/1Wwol9KVO5FBBfYezvF82K3rTSHvQ3V3L